Monday, July 29, 2013

Melia Ann Adcock Patriarchal Blessing

We went yesterday to Brother Gene Sadler's house for Melia to get her patriarchal blessing. The neat thing is that he's in our ward. We've known him a few years. He's given all the kids their blessings. His grandson used to play soccer with Kamiko, so we've even spent time on the sidelines with him and his wife, Suzanne. They are a very nice couple.

We fasted. I especially had a prayer in my heart for Brother Sadler. I can't imagine how a patriarch must rely on the spirit. I also hoped it would be a good experience for Melia. I hoped it would strengthen her testimony.

Here are my impressions:

He started with her name and immediately stated her lineage. I've never heard that spoken so quickly. He mentioned teaching over and over.
Wow, Mel is going to be an example and a teacher.
He mentioned that she and her husband will be able to create a safe home for their family.
Melia will be able to teach others about the gospel as they ask her about her unique life.
She will have health and strength.
She needs to listen to leaders, including YW leaders.
She needs to heed the word of wisdom.

It was really a neat experience. When we got in the car, I asked her about her thoughts. She said, "I'm gonna be teaching a lot." The blessing really focused on that. Neat to know what one of her gifts is. She said it was a really good experience and was excited to tell grandma and grandpa and her friend Kobi about it.

Mel is a great girl. It will be fun to watch her grow and mature these next few years. She's not a baby anymore. In fact, I'm now officially the shortest in the family, as Mel has passed me - BARELY.

No comments:

Post a Comment