Monday, July 29, 2013

Maria Moved

My good friend Maria Trump moved this month. Bummer. She has been a great friend. Through the 8 years she's lived here, we've been running buddies, dinner group wives, YW leaders, daily phone talkers and just friends.
Me, Maria Trump and Amy Bowden...friends and sister wives/dinner group buddies. It lasted over a year

I remember when we first met. It was at a YW board meeting. I was camp director and she was a Beehive advisor. We all introduced ourselves and she said she graduated in PE and liked math. My reply was: "You're my polar opposite!" It wasn't long til the adage "opposites attract" proved right. We had a blast in YW with camping, laughing about our lack of ficus trees and exchanging lesson ideas. One night at camp, we got rained on BADLY. Maria had gone home to take care of the girls. Well, imagine our surprise when she showed up in the rain to spend the night at camp and help us get things packed up. She's a trooper.

She's the kind of person that listens without judging. She understands sneaky kids and helps me see when my kids are turning into them. She keeps it real. I tried to pretend it wasn't a big deal that she was moving since she'll live near Kristen and I know I'll visit her, but it's really no fun to have her gone. Reality hit when I had to fill out a registration form for Melia for soccer and had to come up with another emergency contact. My kids knew if I wasn't home and they were in a bind, Maria would be the one to call. She's in California now. I'm super happy for her because she loves California. It will be great for them.

Maria, John, Sierra, Sidney and Abby actually stayed at our house while we were on vacation and we overlapped a couple of days after we got back. We had fun talking, eating, and just being around each other. The day they left, mom commented that I'd get my house back. My response was: "I can clean my house any day, but I only have this chance to have my friend in my house." She signs on her new house today. I bet they'll be happy to get settled. I will miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment