Tuesday, July 30, 2013

B and M

My former student, whom I now consider a friend, Adrienne, is undergoing treatment for Hodgkins Lymphoma. While the girls were gone for SOAR and soccer camp, I took her cuties B and M for a few hours. We went to the movie to see "Despicable Me," went to the grocery store and stopped briefly at a park. Honestly, we were at the park just long enough for me to lose B. I was freaking out. It wasn't even my own kid that I had lost. Evidently she thought we had headed back to the car. I found her sitting in the shade of a tree by the van. Whew!

Even with that, Adrienne let me take them again. Last week was book club. It's mostly young moms, so we had scheduled a get-together outside with lunch and munchies. I picked up Little Caersar's pizza (I bought 2. You can't expect a poor kid with a p,b and j to watch you eat pizza. I wanted enough to offer to share) and B and M. They played, ate, and mostly played. Adrienne is done with chemo now and responded very well. She just has a bit of radiation this month. I have been praying for her and my other cancer buddy, Dave Chalk. Dave has been working in Polynesia all summer, helping at-risk youth. Tough gig.

I also got to see the girls and their parents at Cami Patterson's wedding reception. It was great to connect with some awesome TA's and Jenny, our food buyer. Even though Jenny no longer works with us, she will always be our food buyer. I love that girl!

M and B on our first outing. They learned I like to be indoors

Some awesome ladies! Elisa Freeman, Adrienne Murray, me and Brandi Fausett. This is why I love my job!

Me and Jenny Fosdick. I love this lady!

B hiding in the branches of the apple tree

M giggling as she hides, too

I love this face!

Look at that funny little tongue.

carefree on a swing!







No comments:

Post a Comment