Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Uncle Mike Came to Visit

Mike came from Pismo Beach, California, to enjoy Christmas here in Utah. We had a great time. We went to Salt Lake City and enjoyed the interactive stuff at the family history museum. A definite highlight was buying a goat. Here's the story...as part of the church's Light the World initiative, they had vending machines in the Joseph Smith building where you could buy stuff that would benefit others. You could buy eyeglasses, nursing pads, clean water, and even a goat. My neighbor Joan wanted to buy a goat. I told her I did too. She said she didn't have enough money and I didn't either. She also said she wasn't going to get to SLC. I told her I'd go and buy what we could. She said to get lots of donations and go for the goat. Well, a sister I visit teach pitched in, so did Jenny and Mike. We got the goat. Jen and I waited in line, but when we got to the vending machine, there were no goats. They were in another vending machine, so we nicely kicked people out of the way so we could get our goat.

We also saw a couple of movies. We saw "The Man Who Invented Christmas" and "The Darkest Hour" (that one's about Winston Churchill). We had a nice Christmas Eve dinner at mom and dad's house with some Swedes. I made a yummy salad that Marci had brought to Dr. Moore's retirement party. Kamiko, Keenan, and I came home and opened our pj's.

Christmas morning was pretty quiet since there were very few presents. Kamiko just wanted cash and Keenan and I had gotten each other a couple of presents, but that's about it. The great part was talking with Melia. Kobi, grandma, grandpa, and Mike came for her facetime call. It was so fun to see her. She is so happy and is loving the mission. I'm so happy for her. She's a great kid. In fact, I'm just realizing how amazing she is now that she's gone. She loved all of her Christmas presents, especially the meat and cheese from Kamiko. Lol. I knew she'd love that. We didn't get any pictures of Mel's facetime because things were a bit crazy, but I have great memories of it. I love that girl.

Dad, Mike, me, Jen, and mom


We bought a GOAT!!!! I was so excited

It would have been so fun to be in California with this crowd

No comments:

Post a Comment