Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert

Karen surprised Elle for her 12th birthday and flew to Utah to spend some quality time together. They got in Thursday night, December 14. We packed in a ton of stuff while Elle was here, including a movie, JCW's, JDawgs, and Coco, the new Disney Pixar movie. We also went to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas concert. I lucked out with 8 tickets, so we also invited Cathy and Bill Voorhees and Starlyn and Lee Hjorth to join us.

That evening was crazy. SLC gets so busy and crowded. It wasn't the night I expected. I was really, really bummed because we didn't get a picture of all 8 of us. We got to the food court late, the Hjorths and Voorhees' had already eaten. Then when we left to walk to the venue, Karen wanted to check a store at the mall. I told the others to go ahead. We had different spots for seats, so that was the last we saw of each other. I was really bummed. Something seems to always go wrong when we go to this concert. I love the concert, though, so I keep trying to make it the perfect night.

Well, the concert was fantastic. We even got to sing with the choir. Yes, the director lead us all in Jingle Bells together. All the numbers were fantastic. The guest was very young and energetic. She's a broadway/TV personality that I didn't know. I did, however, know the narrator. Hugh Bonneville from Downton Abbey came and it was GREAT.

Well, wouldn't you know it that while we were walking back to our car, Lee and Starlyn found us. We parked in the same garage, so we walked together to our cars. While we were taking a picture of the 6 of us, who came off the elevator? Bill and Cathy!!!!!! So, I did get a picture of all of us. God blessed me. I need to be nicer next time things don't quite work out. I was admittedly a bit of a turd when the night was going a bit not like I expected.

Took Elle to get a birthday cupcake

Elle's crazy party with all the old ladies at JCW's


Jen came down and stayed here, too. Sisters' walk


Cute Elle got my phone for a second


All my friends...Lee and Starlyn, me, Keenan, Karen, Elle, Cathy and Bill



singing with the choir. Elle had to borrow my glasses, so I put in a contact lense.

with Lee and Starlyn before Cathy and Bill showed up


No comments:

Post a Comment