Tuesday, January 2, 2018

I Love Christmas

This year Christmas was so fun. I helped a few friends make Christmas presents and that was so fun. Both my crafting girls were gone, so it was fun to work on projects with friends.

Nadia and I made Christmas pillowcases for our primary kids. I also helped Nadia make pillowcases for her siblings.

Then I helped my Chick fil-A friends, Laura and Jessica, make Christmas presents. Laura and I made aprons for her nieces and a Christmas pillow for her sister and brother-in-law. I helped Jessica make aprons for her friend and for herself. We had so much fun. During it all, Laura got her dream job and we got to be a part of it all. Laura and I also saw a great movie, "The Man Who Invented Christmas." It's a movie about Charles Dickens writing "A Christmas Carol." We both fell in love with the movie and the story. I since have read about Dickens and have been reading "A Christmas Carol." Laura gave me the most thoughtful gift...a copy of a little-known book by Dickens called "The Life of our Lord." It's basically Dickens' telling of the Saviors life as read in the New Testament, but in simpler terms for his kids. He never meant for it to be published, but it did get published in the 1930's. I just love it.

I also had fun watching "Arthur's Perfect Christmas," Kamiko's favorite Christmas movie, with Keenan and Kamiko. Allie got invited to go to Florida with a friend and her family, so it was just the 3 of us at the house, but that's ok, we had a great time.

Oh, and let's not forget lots of Hallmark Christmas movies with Starlyn. I went to her house most weekends to watch a movie or two. She also bought us matching Hallmark tshirts. I packed it up, but had to dig it out. I just couldn't stand to pack it away. Plus, I'll need it in October, way before I unpack my Christmas boxes. So, the shirt is just in my drawer with my regular tshirts.

Bolivian nativity gifted to me from a student


the lovely book that Laura gave me

the family on Christmas Eve

Hallmark buddies

Mel's corner...Joy to the World and a cat

I made these JOY pjs for all 5 of us in the family. Mel got hers in Missouri and Allie got hers in Florida
While I was downstairs sewing in my corner, Mitty wanted to get in. He came to the right place to get my attention.




Me and Laura with our awesome projects

Me and my boy watching Arthur


No comments:

Post a Comment