Thursday, April 20, 2017

Temple for Tutu

Easter marked one year since Tutu's passing. What a great time to be reminded that we will see her again. Because of the resurrection, we'll all live again.

Keenan took Mel to the Provo temple yesterday to do baptism and confirmation for Tutu. I went along and planned to do the initiatory. Allie will do the endowment on the 3rd of May, when Mel goes through the temple. It was so sweet to watch the baptism. Keenan kept apologizing for only bringing one name. I would add that it was a very important name - his mom. No need to apologize.



When I went to do the initiatory, I had a bit of a wait, but since I was there, I persisted. I was a bit concerned that Mel and Keenan were waiting, but I figured it would be ok. It just took about 30 minutes. When I got in with the temple workers, it was great. The first sister repeated Katherine's name pretty well. No huge mistakes. The second sister was Korean and took time to sound out her name quite well. I was thrilled that no one had butchered or been afraid of tutu's name. Then the third sister said it perfectly. I thought "wow, this lady must have some ties to Polynesia." When I looked at her name tag, my thought was confirmed. Polynesian for sure. She got choked up and couldn't continue, then I got choked up. We finally got through it and I told her it was my mother-in-law. She gave me a hug. I told her I was so happy she could say tutu's name so beautifully. We hugged again and she said she was supposed to have been relieved of her shift earlier. We agreed that it was a good thing she had been there. She said Katherine must be so happy. What a great experience I had.

Temples are great and families are forever!

Temple workers are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment