Thursday, April 20, 2017

Easter 2017

Easter was going to be quiet at the house. Kamiko was going to Boise and the girls would stop in. Things changed when Kamiko's girlfriend broke up with him, leaving him without plans. The girls also declared that they were doing ANOTHER Easter egg hunt, even though we had done one over conference weekend.

Sooooo, I bought a bit more candy and raided my stash for my primary class. We got the fixins for Easter egg hunt round 2. Larissa, Mel's friend, decided to come home for the weekend. We did mission shopping on Saturday. Sunday we had a quiet start, then went to church. The big kids joined me in my primary class on the resurrection. After church, we threw together a yummy dinner. My students had made a bento bowl for their magnificent meal. It would be perfect for our Easter dinner since I already had everything and didn't want to make a crazy, complicated meal. In fact, I declared that I wasn't making a crazy, complicated meal. Everyone divided and conquered. Keen grilled chicken, the kids started the rice, I made the veggies pretty, Allie toasted sesame seeds. Here's the finished product!



After we ate, we had the hunt in the house because while eating outside Mel and Kamiko saw wasps and they're afraid of them. We had a blast. I love Larissa. She's so cute and fun.

These kids. Never too old for Easter egg hunt: Kamiko, Larissa, Mel, and Allie

Mel, in her new mission nightgown, sorts her candy

My girls


No comments:

Post a Comment