Saturday, April 8, 2017

Melia is going on a mission...to ARKANSAS!



Allie, Melia, Eden, Larissa (Mel's SOAR friend and Eden's host for the weekend)

Oh boy, as if my girls didn't have enough inside jokes and enough reasons to love being together, now they have ONE MORE. Mel submitted her mission papers on Tuesday, March 28. This was just a few days before general conference. Just one week later, on April 4, her assignment was made and she received her call on Friday morning, the 7th.

Her stake president had recommended that she read her call alone. Then she could share the news with lots of family and friends. I had gotten a phone call from the Cannon Center at BYU that her call was there. I couldn't believe it came so fast. I called Mel and she went to get it. She called me at work later and said she had read her call and "it is just perfect." Wow, I started to guess. Perfect...

California
New York
Hawaii
maybe Texas, since she was born there

That was the extent of my list. Then I thought maybe she would be at a visitor's center. She'd be good at that. I told her the call came so dang fast that the brethren must have looked at her picture and immediately said, "Oh, there's the sister we've been waiting for to send to..." I just didn't know where it was.

We all gathered at our house at 6:00 last night. Kamiko and Allie were home. Kobi and Brooke came over. So did McKenzie Nebeker and Makei's parents and brother. Kobi's mom and sister also came. Kobi and Tori have been here for both mission calls. Anyway, she opened her call and read it. We couldn't believe it.

Mel's going back to where Allie went to school. Allie's post on social media read "My favorite person in the whole world is going to my favorite place in the whole world. Arkansas, Sister Adcock is coming for you." Is that not the sweetest thing ever?! Those girls have been such good friends for so long. They've always gotten along and now this will create an even stronger bond. I'm with Melia. "It is just perfect."

Another reason this is so cool is that mom recently picked up a newspaper article written in 1966 about the Sears clan in Fulton County, Arkansas. They were quite influential. Mom's grandpa and family. Fulton county appears to be in Mel's mission, as is Branson, Missouri (my friend Jenn Coxson lives there). Also, my dear friend from Allie's freshman year at UARK, Michelle Blankenship, lives in Bentonville. Her daughter, Drew, came to BYU when Allie went to UARK. We watched out for each other's girls. Michelle now gets to know my other girlie. Mel is just so excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment