Saturday, December 12, 2020

October 9th and 12th in California

I'm very lucky to have extremely supportive sisters.

October 9th marked the 6-month mark of the divorce being final and October 12th would have been our 29th anniversary. It could have been tricky, but instead, I was in California, having a great time with my sisters. 

Jen and I flew to LAX on the 9th, where we met Kristen, then went to Downtown Disney. So, I got to spend a few hours in my favorite place. By the way, due to Covid travel restrictions/cleaning measures, it took us longer to get our rental car than to actually fly to California. Jen and I got in first, so we went and got the car then we picked up Kristen. We went straight to Anaheim. Stores and restaurants were open. The parks won't open for months, I'm sure. Governor Newsom is really keeping California on lockdown. Big time lockdown. We got sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich then we got in line to enter World of Disney. I got an apron and I got a Haunted Mansion hoodie for Mel. I got rainbow Disney Crocs for Allie. I also got a Jungle Cruise magnet that I'm really excited about. It references one of the corny jokes that the guide always says. Oh, it was fun, even though we had to wear masks. 


Please let me in!








Tribute to Chadwick Boseman, actor who played Black Panther, and passed away this year

We then drove to Sarah and Cameron's new house. It's such a perfect, cute home. They're only about 15 minutes from the beach. Their neighborhood is so cute. Cameron does turndown service, with chocolates on the pillow each night. It was a blast. We went on walks around the neighborhood, we hiked, we went to the beach, we went out to eat and had yummy food. My favorite was a delicious black bean burrito at a dive by the beach. It was full of beans and guacamole, all wrapped up in a soft flour tortilla. Sarah surprised me with a yummy chocolate birthday cake. Sarah and Cam are so much fun. We watched trash TV "Selling Sunset" which is about high end homes for sale in Sunset Hills, California. 

There were a lot of cars with Trump and American flags that drove up and down the street






It doesn't look that great, but it really is the world's best burrito

On Sunday, the 12th, we decided to go to San Diego. I don't remember the last time I was there. We took pictures in front of the San Diego Temple, we drove past the Mormon Battalion visitors' center, and we went to Mission San Diego. We Hunter girls love our missions. Sarah got some beautiful photos of the mission. It was such a great time. We had enough time Monday morning to hang out and go on a walk around the neighborhood before heading home.  

This is what a father's living quarters would have looked like

The San Diego Temple is soooo beautiful

Mission San Diego


All Jenny and I wanted to do was to go to Disney. All Kris wanted was sunset at the beach




Jenny, Kristen, and me at the San Diego Temple

Jenny, me, and Kris at the beach




I'm just grateful that I had such awesome family members to spend the days with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment