Sunday, December 20, 2020

New House is Ready for Christmas


I love my house. I love my ward. I have great neighbors. I'm ready for Christmas. The girls will be with Keenan on Christmas Eve. I'm invited to Starlyn's and I'll probably go. It's been a good Christmas season. I've been enjoying a book about advent, called Shadow and Light. It has passages, artwork, and music to consider each day of advent. I also filled my advent calendar with notes for ME...things I want to do, like send a Christmas card (I sent one to Uncle Mike), go out to eat, read a story in the Ensign, watch a Christmas movie, etc. Again, I've really enjoyed this season. It's a unique one, but it's been peaceful and wonderful. I'm also the recipient of the 12 Days of Christmas from an anonymous giver. Each night, they've dropped by a note, scripture, and a gift. It's been really fun. 



MaryJane McGuire brought this for me. She said it looked Swedish to her. We had a great visit. 

So many treasures in this hutch, including a Zella Santa from Karen Dillard and Christmas dishes from dad.



Santa Lucia breakfast on December 20 with the girls. I celebrated with Kamiko and Bekki last week. 



Melia talked me into buying this tree. The Christmas tree is my LEAST favorite decoration, but I think I've changed my mind. I love this beauty that we named Lucy (nod to Charlie Brown tree and Luz for light)

Allie showed this butter ornament to me. It's perfect for this year with all the pastries and pan sauces we've been making. BUTTER. 



I gave my elf pillow a makeover this year and I really like it. We got the straw ram on clearance at IKEA. 




No comments:

Post a Comment