Saturday, December 12, 2020

Fall 2020

I haven't written in a while. I think it's maybe a bit of a sign that I don't really want to write about my life right now. Things are great. My job is great. The kids are great. Kamiko and Bekki and Dotty came again in October, but I am still divorced. I'm not thrilled that I had to get divorced. Most days I'm ok with it, but some days I'm really sad about this change. It is what it is, though. I mean, I have to trust my Heavenly Father, who sent me the prompting to get divorced. It doesn't make it easy. I'm mostly ok. It will all be ok. I know this takes time. 

I do have a ton of support. Kamiko, Allie, Melia, Starlyn, Jenny, Kristen, Karen, Debbie, Derek, Maria, Natalie, Sylvia, mom and dad, Allison, James, many many more people are here to give me support. They are great. 

Starlyn had a whole unit at the Marriott Mountainside in Park City to herself before Thanksgiving, so she invited me to join her. Jenny came too. We had a blast. Watched TV, played games, and talked. So fun. 

I confused chili powder for cinnamon in my cranberry sauce and apple pie on Thanksgiving. Luckily I caught it in time to take the top crust off of the pie, rinse the apples, and season them again. Had to make a new batch of cranberry sauce. 

I voted


Last day of classes on campus until 2021. Right before Thanksgiving. The rest of the semester was remote. Look how straight my teeth are getting. 

Allie and I watched the DeVuyst kids while James and Allison went house hunting. I'm so grateful I had picked up a sugar cookie mix the day before. 

My friend Adrienne Murray and me in our Halloween sweatshirts


Yes, this pretty big mouse mad it into my house. Lee Hjorth was kind enough to set traps and come get him when we caught him. Ewww. 

Allie and Mac

Cookies

This is what I picked for my Christmas gift from BYU. Ham and cheeses and mustard. I also got bread and a cutting board. I've got great plans for this over Christmas break

Watching TV with the girls


Watching TV with all the kids over Halloween week when Kamiko and Bekki were in town

I helped Allie make these for her students

Mel found Mitty. She was looking on the South Utah County Animal Shelter website and found him in late November. He had been missing since July 23. He was turned into the shelter on October 28. Note that his name at the shelter was Simon. He was so skinny when Mel got him. He seems just fine now that he's home. 


Mom and I watched ONE Hallmark movie together. Dumb Covid. Mom even decorated the basement in late October so we could fully enjoy the experience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment