Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Jen and I make French Pastries

Jenny and I took a class at Sur La Table and learned how to make french pastries, including palmiers and kouign-amann. Both are just fancy names for buttery goodness. We then took our skills and made them again at Jen's house so we could fine tune them. We did it. I'm going to be teaching our advanced class, SFL 215, in the fall, and I hope to incorporate a bit of this fun in the class.

 











Karen came to town for a couple of days. Jen, Karen, and I met up in SLC and had a blast. We went to Proper Burger, where I almost choked to death right there at our table on a big bite of a yummy burger that went down my throat too soon. We also went to the bar side of their place and played everyone's favorite game - ski ball. I do love that game.



Of course, we got to figure out how to decorate our new place for Christmas. I think it turned out really cute. We couldn't pass on the colorful felt ball garland that Trader Joe's was selling. Derek and family came to town and we had fun with them, as we always do. Jen and I got to sneak away with Derek and family to celebrate Derek's upcoming 40th birthday. We went to breakfast at Gourmandise, a place that sells the most delicious pastries and meals. We had a lovely time eating our way overpriced, but super special breakfast with Derek, Rachel, and kids.

Charlie and Milo in the tub

Twins in our Toy Story shirts


Mitty likes the tree

I love holiday vignettes on this chest of drawers








Rose and Allie: inseparable buddies

me, Derek, and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment