Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Girls' Trip

Part of the original building of the mission


I'm always fascinated by the kitchens  
It was a beautiful day and I think this was one of the best tours I've had of a mission. Very well done. 





Karen, me, Debbie, Kris, and Jenny




Kristen, Jenny, and Debbie. Evidently Jen's daughter Marie loves these cutouts, so we had to get a pic to send to her. 




The gils who didn't do Disneyland. They look happy enough. 


I don't remember where we had dinner, but it was good. Me, Karen, Debbie, Kristen, Sarah, and Jenny

My sister Karen turns 50 this year and in true Hunter girl fashion, we planned a trip. We went to Southern California, specifically Newport Beach. We got a beach house and had such a great time. We flew in and just enjoyed 3 days together. We went to the Newport Beach Temple, went to Mission San Juan Capistrano, visited with Sarah East and Cam Christesen over dinner and gourmet donuts, played cards, went to the beach, went on walks and collected succulents to bring home.

First Stop: Newport Beach Temple 

Walk on the beach


Kris and I have the same hat. I bought mine in California last year. She liked it so much that she asked for one for her birthday.

Kristen, Jenny, and I on the balcony

Sarah (Kristen's daughter), Debbie, Jenny, and me in the back of Cameron's Tesla

Sisters on a plane

On one day, Jenny and I rented a car and went to Disneyland. We couldn't help ourselves. We were so close. Kris, Deb, and Karen opted to stay near the beach. They rented bikes and rode bikes and went to the beach. It was a win-win because Jenny hates riding bikes and hates the beach. I was happy to keep her company at the happiest place on earth.

Coincidently, Melia and her high school friends were there, as were Allie and Mario. They had all driven from Utah. Derek came with Rose and joined us for part of the day. We had so much fun. Jenny and I enjoyed a few rides with the young kids, but we also hung out with just the two of us. Sister Bell, who I teach Sunday School with, had given each of us a Book of Mormon for the year. She challenged us to take our Book of Mormon places, to read it, write in it, etc. I took it to Disneyland and I read while Jen, Derek, and Rose were on Monster's Inc. ride.

Jungle Cruise: Kaleb Greening, me, Rose, and Jenny

Best way to start the day, pause for a picture

In our happy place


Melia, me, and Allie



Jenny and me

Reading the Book of Mormon at Disneyland

Kaleb, Melia, Makei, Kobi, and Chandler

Jenny, Kaleb, Makei, Melia, Kobi, Chandler, me, Allie, and Mario


Space Mountain: Jenny and Derek, Allie and Rose

Mario didn't quite know what to think of Guardians


Favorite rides


What a day!!!!!

I read 1 Nephi 4 and wrote in the margins the following: "Lord may deliver to hard things." "One step at a time." I highlighted verses 6, 12, and 31. I also noted the date, 1/10/2020. It's been interesting to read Nephi's account of recovering the records. He didn't know what each step was, but he followed the promptings at each step then waited for further promptings.

I had a lot on my mind. There were times over Christmas that I thought it might be our last Christmas together as "The Adcock Family." Weird thoughts, but not out of the blue. It's been a difficult marriage with ADD, underemployment, me having to work extra jobs and trying to read books and go to therapy to figure out how to make things work.

We had time to go to church on Sunday before flying home. We attended a ward in Newport Beach. The members were really friendly and seemed sad that we weren't sticking around for Relief Society. I was sitting there during the sacrament, just being quiet and thinking, when a voice said to me 3 TIMES: "now is the time to get divorced." It was that clear and it was 3 times. I quietly tucked that away and waited for the right time to follow the prompting. It was interesting that it came on the heels of my time reading and pondering the Book of Mormon in Disney's California Adventure.

I didn't tell anyone for a while. I just waited for the next step.


No comments:

Post a Comment