Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Surprise!!!!!! The Girls and I Went to Disneyland

Late in September, the girls decided to go to Disneyland for the weekend. They decided on a Thursday to leave on Friday. We can be spontaneous when it comes to Disney. I reached out to my friend Jenny to see if the girls could crash on her couches. She said it was no problem, since she hardly sees the girls anyway. They spend all their time at the park.

It got crazy when I was at work on Friday and I decided to join them. I texted them around 11:00 in the morning when I realized I had NO plans for the weekend. Would they want me to join them? We could take my car. I could drop them off and pick them up at the park. I could also see my friend, Jenny. I always love spending time with her and her family. The girls said to come along.

So, I hurried home on the train. I packed quickly. Mel and I got on the road around 4:30. We picked up Allie at mom and dad's. We were on the road around 5:00. We drove quickly. We got to Jenny's around 1:30 in the morning. Mel commented that it was a quick ride. The quickest ever. She got all of her homework done and got a nap in, too. I hadn't told Jenny that I was coming because I knew if she knew I was coming, she'd set up a bed for us and worry about things.
My niece Sarah in her beautiful apartment. Look at the plants outside their window.

I reached out to Derek before we left. He asked if I was in California. I said "no, but I will be tomorrow." He said he hadn't been to the park in a while with the kids and decided to meet me there. It was the perfect Saturday. I got up and took the girls to the park. Then I went back to Jenny's and helped her with kid stuff. I cleaned a window, watched the kids while she went grocery shopping and Andrew played basketball at the church. I then drove to Irvine to visit Sarah and Cam Christesen, who had just moved there from the Bay Area. It was fun to see their beautiful apartment. Derek and kids came at got me at 3:00 pm and we met up with the girls at California Adventure. We had a blast. Milo loves cars. He just loved everything about Cars Land. He pointed out every exhaust pipe. Rose was brave enough to go on Guardians of the Galaxy with the girls. We left around 8:00. We rode the Ferris Wheel for our first time. None of us Adcock girls had ever been on it.




Charlie's scared face on the Inside Out ride



Milo couldn't take his eyes off the cars and exhaust pipes on Mater's ride

These cousins always have a great time together.

I picked up the girls at 10:30 pm. We went to bed and got up around 8:00 and got on the road. The drive home was uneventful and also pretty quick. It was a great trip. YAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment