Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Read the Book of Mormon = Miracles

Early in the summer, Mel's bishop challenged the members of their ward to read the Book of Mormon at a rapid pace. He promised them miracles. Mel invited me and Keenan to join her in the challenge. We dived in. We finished reading the Book of Mormon on October 1.

Mel and I were driving to BYU on October 2 and we talked about our miracles. I'll be honest, I was hoping Keenan would find a job and that would be our miracle. That still hasn't happened. BUT, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I received an award and it came with $1,000. My miracle was that I also got $1,000 in September, too. So, the award came with $2,000 total. Melia feels that her miracle was that she's enjoying school. She's in classes she likes and she thinks she may have found her major. Another amazing miracle was that my friend Ashley's husband found a job. Gregg has been unemployed for 20 months. They have 3 little kids, 2 of whom needed surgery, and Ashley got thyroid cancer in the middle of all of this. We've been in contact through this rough time for her and I was one of the first to get a text about Gregg's job offer. It was definitely one of my miracles.


No comments:

Post a Comment