Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Home Economics Memory Lane

Last month, Allie represented the FCS majors at a scholarship awards banquet. Mel and Allie were both recipients. Allie got to bring a guest and Natalie said I could be her guest, so all 4 of us got to go. Dr. Ruth Brasher, who was my professor, sat at our table. I got a picture of all of us and I was so excited about it. Allie gave a great talk. It was a pretty great evening.
Me, Dr. Ruth Brasher, Allie, and Melia


The next week, I spoke at a Relief Society activity in American Fork. I spoke on the importance of family meal time and demonstrated how to make macaroni and cheese in the Instant Pot. A cute sister who was there introduced herself after the event and said that she worked at BYU, in the Home Economics department many years ago. She was the secretary to Virginia Cutler, who worked at BYU until 1973.
Some of the BEST people around at Karina's wedding. Annalise, Starlyn, Alyssa, Karina, Courtney, Dia, Allie, me, and Koli

No comments:

Post a Comment