Wednesday, October 16, 2019

October...Best Month of the Year

Conference + My Birthday = Perfect Weekend

I got up on my actual birthday and went on a walk with Annie. She and I usually take a Saturday morning walk together. She then treated me to breakfast at Black Bear Diner. I got a yummy vegetarian omelette. Then I watched the morning session of conference. 
Card from Kamiko and Bekki



After conference, I went to pick up Allison DeVuyst. She and James and the kids live only about 15 minutes from us. Jenny and I had to exchange some items, so we decided to meet up at Gardner Village. Neither Jen nor Allison had ever been to Gardner Village in October to see the witches. We walked around for a few minutes and enjoyed seeing the cute things. Then we headed our separate ways so we could get back to our houses in time for afternoon conference. Jenny gave me a little bakery cake and Allison gave me a yummy pumpkin spice mini bundt cake. I was gonna make pizza on Saturday night, but I wanted a nap more that I wanted pizza, so I made chicken noodle soup.

I ended up making the pizza on Sunday. I tried a new recipe for the dough and it was so delicious. 

I've been busy visiting my student teacher and my interns. I visit each every 2 weeks. I also read through their lesson plans each week. They're doing great. It's halfway through the semester and its fun to see them figure it all out.

October 15: Starlyn's daughter, Lacey, came home from her mission in Jacksonville, Florida

I've also been able to decorate for Halloween. It's our first Halloween in our new place and I got to figure out where everything goes. It took a while, but we got it all together. I even bought some Halloween artwork. It's so funny, but someone posted on our neighborhood facebook page that her daughter was trying to earn extra money to replace a decoration she broke. She posted pictures she had made and she was also good a painting nails and cleaning counter tops. I bought 2 of her drawings. I got frames at Walmart and they will be a permanent part of my decorations. 






Keenan gave me the kit to make this for my birthday. I love it. 






I made these pillows and I LOVE how they turned out.

Couldn't resist posting this picture of a car at a church trunk or treat in 2019

I'm gearing up for way more trick or treaters this year. There are a lot of kids in this neighborhood. It should be kinda fun. I bought a big big box of fruit snacks. Once 90 kids have come, the lights go out and we're done with trick or treaters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment