Tuesday, February 28, 2017

My Friend

I have a new BFF and her name is Mackenzie. She's 3 years old. She's my visiting teaching partner's daughter. I've known Amy and Dane Christensen since they moved in the ward over 3 years ago. Amy was pregnant with Mackenzie, so Mackenzie has known me her whole life.

For some reason, she really likes me. I make her prayer roll most days. That makes me happy. I love to find her at church and say hi. Anyway, recently she's come over to play. I love it. She comes for a bit while Amy runs to Walmart or something. One day Mackenzie came she helped me cut out a nightgown I was making for Maureen Russell's 65th bday and she helped me make red and white pasta to give to a family who needed dinner. It was great. I love her little smile.

She made it a point to bring me a valentine on valentine's day. I just got back from her birthday party. I made her a special blanket and burp rag for her doll. Her mom is having baby #2. The new real baby will have a matching blanket. The Christensens are great people.

She loved putting the pins in

Making a white sauce


Update on April 6, 2017.

Mackenzie's mom is probably having her baby tomorrow. Mackenzie came to my house today for a couple of hours. We watched PBS, colored pictures of Palm Sunday (I tried my best to explain to a 3 year old what that is), and made a chocolate mug cake. Sadly, I didn't have rice crispies or marshmallows. That's what she wanted to make. Based on the smile on her face, we did ok. The cake was dry and awful, but what does a 3 year old know?



No comments:

Post a Comment