Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Goodbye Chris, Valentine's Day, and Snowshoeing, and San Francisco Shirt

Mel's Subaru is officially gone. He/she (she still never determined if Chris was a boy or a girl) required $2,000 to keep running. We weren't about to put that much into a 17 year old car. It was a good run. That car was seriously such a fun car. Mel loved it. She felt so cool driving it. It kinda was a timeless classic. He/she will be missed. We sold the car for $600 to a young dad whose dad is a mechanic and was gonna help him fix everything. With the car, he could go to day shift. He is a dad to 2 young kids. I hope Chris lasts for years and years.
For Sale: Cat not included

I had a great Valentine's Day. I didn't have many plans as it was a Tuesday and Keenan works late on Tuesdays. Early in the day, I accepted an invitation to take dinner to a family in the ward who needed a meal. I figured that everyone else would have plans on Valentine's Day. I was the perfect fit. I made time to go to the temple, I made and delivered the dinner (red and white pasta, rolls, salad, and heart-shaped rice crispie treats), and got home in time to watch the Hallmark channel's movie. I had soup and a nice diet Dr. Pepper and sat in my favorite comfy workout pants. The perfect day for me, at least.

I've always wanted to try snowshoeing. We had the chance to go over President's Day weekend. Keenan, Allie, Mel, and I went to Aspen Grove in Provo Canyon. When the girls heard cross country skiing was also an option, they were mad that I had signed up for snowshoeing. They wanted to know why I didn't sign us up for skiing. I told them that it was because I hate cross country skiing. Well, there was the opportunity to switch activities, so that's what they did. So did Keenan. So for the first hour, I was solo. I didn't mind. I listened to nice music and met nice people. There weren't many people on the trail at all, so I was able to just enjoy the scenery. Then when I went back to the lodge to go to the bathroom and get a drink of water, I found the family. Allie was done skiing and Keen and Mel were gonna head out and find me. After bathroom and drink, the 3 of us headed out on the snowshoeing trail. I showed them the ropes.
Look at my cute little Swede!
The skiers


It is beautiful out there and it was a gorgeous day!

I decided I don't much like snowshoeing either. It's like hiking, but in snow and since I don't really like hiking or snow, it's not a great choice for me. I'm glad I tried, though.

On the way home, we picked up Mel's friends who stayed with us for the rest of the long weekend. Kamiko also had a friend visit: Paige. She's a girl he's been getting to know long distance. She lives in Nampa, Idaho. She's really a nice girl. It was nice to get to know her, but a bit chaotic since there were so many extra people. At least she knows we're friendly.

My outfit last week for work was a bit casual, but I just wanted to have fun. Wearing my San Francisco t-shirt always puts me in a good mood. You know it's gonna be a good day when you're reppin the bay. It was a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment