Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Happy Birthday, Allie!

Grandma and Grandpa Hunter took the girls to Brick Oven for Al's birthday. Free root beer with pizza. Way to go, girls!



In my favorite hat: woo pigie



This year I want to write about each of my kids on their birthday. Today is Mardi Gras and it's Allie's birthday. What a great way to celebrate Allie. Everyone's having fun, eating, partying, and being crazy. That kinda suits Allie.

Allie was born in Plano, Texas. It was a planned induced labor. She took a long time to come. She wasn't born until later that night. She could have been born on the 29, as it was leap year that year. My sister Kelly, who had never been pregnant, suggested I wait one more day to have her on leap day. When you're 9 months pregnant and have severe varicose veins, you don't wait one more day. In hindsight, I wish I'd waited. It would have suited Allie. She's so unique that a February 29 birthday would have been perfect for her.

10 things I admire about Allie:

1. Her self-confidence. She has always been very happy to be Allie. She loves herself and knows what she wants and goes after it.
2. Her dedication to friends. She has always just had a small core of friends; never one to jump from friend to friend. She may not have a ton of friends, but she's loyal to the core and will probably remain friends with these key few people for her whole life. Can I just say that she has EXCELLENT taste in friends. I love all of her friends as if they were my own kids.
3. Her sense of adventure. Arkansas! That experience was life-changing for Allie. I'm so glad she went for it.
4. Her willingness to listen to the spirit. In spite of loving Arkansas, she came back to Utah to finish her studies.
5. Her maturity. She's always been an old soul. She listens to all sides and thinks for herself. She doesn't wait for popular opinion. She has a good moral compass.
6. Her independence. Arkansas, temple, SLCC, Wasatch Trend, Evergreen Life, BYU, etc. If she wants to make something happen, look out. It will happen!
7. Her make up abilities. That girl can do eyes like none other. She is beautiful without makeup, but sure knows how to enhance her face with it.
8. Her photography talents. Yearbook gave her the confidence and skills to excel at photography.
9. Her leadership skills. I can't wait to see what Allie does in life. She was a yearbook editor for 2 years. People are just drawn to her confidence and abilities. She's fantastic.
10. Her love of her siblings. Allie has a bond with Melia that is fantastic. Sisters can either love each other or detest each other. I'm so blessed to have sisters who love each other. Allie and Melia compliment each other so well. Allie also has fun with Kamiko. They discuss real life stuff and help each other out.

Allie is currently living in Provo and attending BYU. She finished her associates degree from Salt Lake Community College and transferred to BYU to study FACS. I'm super happy that she's in my program for selfish reasons. I get to see her and will continue to see her around my building. I also think she's well-suited for the major. She has so many skills to share. It's impossible to top the experience she had in Arkansas, but she's making the most of things here. She thinks she'll move back home for next year. She really doesn't want to pay rent to live in Provo when she's not in love with the social scene there. That's fine with me. I love having her around. BUT she'll have to learn to clean up her messes. Keenan and I already told her she can't move back if she goes back to her old ways. She's a slob. In spite of that, I love her to pieces.

She was a very dedicated primary teacher when she lived at home the last year. She prepared excellent and creative lessons for the little guys she taught. She would post the cutest videos of their shenanigans in sharing time or in class. She loves the gospel. She also loves everyone. She doesn't judge. She lets people be themselves and likes to learn from them.

Here are some of her favorites:

1. Craving's cupcakes
2. Craving's grilled cheese
3. Ulta
4. Giving the perfect gift
5. Taco Amigo
6. Bachelor Monday
7. Arkansas and everyone there
8. Instant Pot macaroni and cheese
9. Crocs
10. Disneyland (just like her momma)

Happy birthday Allie. You are one of my true joys. I love you!

Love, mommy

3 comments: