Sunday, December 25, 2011

Our "Pinterest" House

My Thanksgiving Decor by the front door on a chest of drawers given to me by my grandpa Sears. I like to change the display with the holidays. It's become a bit of a focal point and I love it.
There is a website that a lot of my BYU students look at and Allie has recently discovered it. It's Pinterest. On this site, people post pictures and instructions for just about everything crafty, from home decor to crafts to hairstyles to fashion to recipes. Allie told me we have a Pinterest house. I think that's a compliment. I think it means we have fun stuff around the house. As I walk around my home, it's not decorated with just "stuff," but with items that have meaning. We have photos of the attack on Pearl Harbor, during which, Keenan's grandfather was killed. We have a large framed map of Sweden, where my parents have served missions and we have visited and a fair number of photos of family and friends. Here are some recent projects:

Uncle Mike Sears hung this rod to hang stuff in Melia's bathroom. It's a tiny bathroom, with hardly any storage space.

Recently moved this hutch from a bedroom that no one uses to the kitchen, where I desperately needed extra storage space. Also made new chair back covers for the kitchen chairs. Notice the apron hanging on the wall. Because of my work, I have lots of aprons. I think I have more than 20. The hook will allow me to display them when not wearing them.


The display in front room for January...Snow!


and for February. Blog eighteen25 was where I printed artwork to frame. Fun, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment