Saturday, March 23, 2024

My Hypothetical 80th Birthday Party

Annie quoted this and I absolutely loved it. 

When my friend Annie Oswald taught a class at our recent UACTE conference, we talked about vision boards and values. One exercise Annie led us through was to imagine your 80th birthday. 

What would I want my family to say about me at my 80th birthday?

    I loved my kids and grandkids FIRST and MOST

    I listened to them

    I created a home

    I loved God and knew he guided me

    I had a great life

What would I want my friends to say about me at my 80th birthday?

    I was present

    I loved each one for who they were and what we had together

    There is no such thing as too many friends

    Time with friends was as valuable as time with family

These lists can help guide my decisions and actions. I have been collecting items to put on a vision board. Things that I love at this stage of my life (in no particular order) are:

    eating

    my kids

    money and helping others with it

    walks with friends

    sunshine

Something I'm passionate about right now is teaching others to love and value time in the kitchen, including family mealtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment