Sunday, March 10, 2024

It's Disney Time Again - Yes, I'm Crazy!

Amy Bowden, Maria Trump, and I had a dinner group years ago. We cooked for each other's families and it was a glorious year and half. Our kids still talk fondly of the great food we had. 

Well, the two of them have Disney passes, so we made a plan to spend some time together at Disneyland before their passes expired. I flew standby on Thursday night after work. I was the LAST person on the flight, getting the one remaining seat of someone who missed a connection. 

Maria picked me up at the airport. Maria drove down from Manteca. She brought snacks and cozy blankets for each of us. We went to the park on Friday. We had so much fun. I told both of them that I didn't care if we only went on 4 rides...that I just wanted to be together. We went to California Adventure together and got on 4 rides quickly, so the rest of the rides were a bonus. We ate yummy treats and just had a good time. 

Got there when the park opened to take advantage of "light crowds"
Yes, that is a light crowd behind us

We all love Midway Mania. It malfunctioned, so we got to ride it twice in a row

Our lucky ticket to the front of the line

I asked about upgrading my ticket to an annual pass, but they weren't selling passes at the time. I didn't take many pictures. I'm not taking many photos lately. I don't know if it's more because I want to be in the moment or because I don't want to have to scrapbook photos. Who knows? 

One funny thing was when we got lemon filled pastries. I didn't get one, but Amy and Maria did. Maria bit into hers and it sprayed lemon all over Amy. It was hilarious. The filling really needed to be thicker. That is one picture I wished I'd taken. We laughed so hard. I'm sure glad I have the memory. The one thing we did all eat that I would eat again and again is the pretzel bread with garlic and cheese and a marinara sauce. Ohhhh, it was so good. I can't wait to eat it again. 

Tower of Terror

Maria, me, and Amy - dinner group moms

The best snack of the day

All smiles on the Incredicoaster

Saturday morning we got a slow start. Amy had to leave on Friday night to make it back to American Fork for some family stuff. Maria drove me 30 minutes away to meet up with Sarah and Cameron. We had plans to spend Saturday together, hiking, etc. IT RAINED ALL DAY. We did go out to dinner and got yummy butter cake. We played games and hung out. I learned a new game, Mantis, that I've since introduced to many people. I also got a nice nap, which I really needed, while they shopped for a new dishwasher. 

Cameron thought it was strange that all I wanted to eat was toasted sourdough bread

Flights looked full on Sunday, and I was a bit stressed. They were nice enough to drive me to LAX to get more options home. I was planning on a United flight, but I decided to walk to Delta and try to get on that flight. I had time. I walked quickly, but it was a long walk. I got to the gate and the agents told me I had 4 minutes to log in and book the flight. With their help, I did it. I made it home. Traveling standby is helping with my anxiety. I just remind myself that I only need ONE seat. 

I have since purchased an annual Disney pass. Amy and I are flying from Provo to Orange County and back on April 19 to spend the day at Disneyland. I actually bought a ticket, but I expect to go a couple of times on standby by myself. My real hope is to go for about a week in May, staying at Sarah and Cam's, and going to the park everyday...just because I can. I'm blessed with a job, a schedule, flight benefits, and Sarah and Cam that allow me to do this. 


Proof that everyone loves Mantis!

Mantis with Audrey, me, mom, dad, Kristen, Mac, and Mel

Mantis with 2 students I don't know, Nicole Lauper, and Dawna Baugh

Mantis with Emily, Madeline, Malia, and Starlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment