Sunday, June 28, 2020

JOB OFFER!

I applied for a full-time job at BYU a few months ago. It is for teaching foods and managing the operations of the foods labs. It's a visiting teaching position for up to 3 years. I had interviews with Natalie, Alan Hawkins, Dean Ben Ogles, a VP over faculty, and Elder Cornish. Then we waited and waited. I got word that an offer would be coming. I got word from Alan Hawkins that all the authorizations were done, that an offer was coming. It all drove Derek nuts. I was swimming at Jenny's with Allie and Allison and my phone rang. I was literally IN THE POOL and Allison said "Alan Hawkins is calling." She answered it and handed the phone to me as I jumped out of the pool. He told me everything was approved and he had sent an offer letter to be approved. I'd be getting it soon. 

I checked my email and checked my email. On the last day of spring term, on Monday, June 15, I checked my email after I finished teaching. There it was. I almost fell over when I saw the offer. It was way more than I would have dreamed. Another blessing. I signed that paper and sent it off. Now I just wait for August 1 to start OFFICIALLY. I am going into work this week to start planning SFL 215 and to work on 340 and fine-tune 110. It's all so great. Part time was perfect for the time I was raising the kids. Now I'm ready for full-time and I need it. I'll have insurance and tuition benefits for Melia. I'm so humbled and thrilled. 

I PASSED MY 20 YEAR JOB INTERVIEW!

This look still cracks me up. I wore it to teach and a student commented "Oh, you're still in bed." Then Kristen and Doug came over and both commented on my "nightgown." I realized my students probably thought I was in my nightgown. OOPS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment