Sunday, June 28, 2020

Jenny + Family + the Property = Perfect Saturday

I've been spending all week getting settled, cleaning, putting things away, hanging pictures, etc. I worked late into the night Friday and Saturday morning so I could spend the afternoon surprising Jenny. James and Marie are in town with their families from Washington and Virginia, respectively. The whole Sykes clan was at the property in the Unitas. Starlyn and I had gone with Jenny to get things organized up there and I was excited to see it in use. 

I had the idea to go up on Saturday and take a cake and party hats so we could all celebrate Jenny's upcoming birthday. That's something she would do for a friend and I must admit, I don't do enough things like that for her. 

I got up and cleaned the house and was on the road by 12:30. I got there at 3. It was so fun to see everyone. Many were rock climbing, some were resting. Ellie and Jane and Ingrid were swinging and playing with Emily. 

When everyone got back, we all put on party hats (I had just enough for all of us, including Maddie the dog and Rhys, who is only 3 months old). We sang and enjoyed a delicious bakery cake made by Winco. I couldn't find anyone to write on it, so I just bought candles that spelled out Happy Birthday. Jen's little granddaughters helped me put the candles on. It was a yummy white cake with raspberry filling and buttercream frosting. It was sooooo good. 


Andrew and Eli with Rhys in hammock on left. Haley and Jane. Marie, James, Jen, and Scott. Hunter seated in back. Bryan in hammock on right. Ingrid and Ellie in front. 

Andrew facilitates Jane getting a chance to swing

I bought Jenny a hat from Kamiko's podcast, Sweet Film Talk

Birthday Girl!

I love this photo of Bryan and Emily


Ellie, Ingrid, and Jane
 

Marie, Rhys under blanket, and Eli. I asked Ingrid to smile, but she walked away and said no. Hahaha. 
I stuck around for a couple of hours and enjoyed BBQ pork sandwiches with everyone. Then I headed back home. I love my bedroom and its windows. It's nice to be home. It's quiet and I'm adjusting to it. I have music or a movie on in the background, but it's ok. I'll get used to it. It is what it is. I am happy and I know I did the right thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment