Friday, January 4, 2019

Welcome Home Sister Adcock!

December 7 couldn't arrive soon enough. It was a Friday and my last day of lab. I even had to miss my last lab to get to the airport. We closed on the house on Wednesday, the 5th. We made arrangements to not have to move until the 8th. We got cute little Mel at 1:00 on the 7th. We invited all Street Youths over to make gingerbread houses one last time in our house.
Starlyn, Allie, Makei, Kamiko, and me leaving BYU early on our last day

Just waiting...


Brother and sister

Last day was also spirit day...Christmas

BFF's reunited

Aunt Jen, Kamiko, dad, mom, Sister Adcock, grandma, grandpa, and Allie

Grandpa hugs


Back with her sweet sweet boy


Brown Sibs

Street Youths: Makei, Kaleb, Megan, Mel, Kobi, Parker, and Levi (Keenan holding sign)






Parker had gotten home from Madagascar a couple of weeks before







Mel and Kaleb









mom and dad hug

We had signs and Arkansas t-shirts. Makei, who took my class, left class early, along with me and Allie to get to the airport. Many of Mel's high school friends were home from missions and couldn't wait to welcome her back. It was so great. She saw Allie and ditched her carry-on that was on wheels and ran for a hug. I stopped the bag from mowing over any people. Then I got my hug.

We treated the kids to Taco Amigo, then Mel got released. That was really special. She was really emotional about ending her mission. She loved it so much that she didn't want it to be over. The kids enjoyed doing gingerbread houses, just like the good ol' days. I was exhausted from the move and spent some time in my bed, crying. It all turned out ok, though.






Parker, Makei, Mel, and Levi - Dad's helpers


We moved on Saturday. That was kinda rough. Most of the stuff was ready. I had taken a lot of stuff to mom and dad's already. We were going to live in their basement until we get into our town home at the end of January. I had gotten rid of a lot of furniture, either selling it or giving it away. The garage, however, wasn't quite ready. It made for a long, long day. Thanks to Trina Preece and Kim Blight for helping me clean and move more stuff. Thanks to some of Mel's friends and Mick Preece for helping Keenan move the big stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment