Friday, January 4, 2019

One More Reason to Love JDawgs

I love JDawgs, the hot dog place that started in Provo. Most people who know me well know that I love JDawgs. Well, I have one fantastic reason to love them even more!


Today started out kinda crappy. I went to the gym and felt like a big outsider. I usually go and enjoy the class, but there were some things that made me feel like I didn't belong. I know...it's stupid...I'm 52. Why should I feel insecure? Well, it happens.

My friend Laura gave me a JDawgs certificate for my birthday in October. I've been hanging onto that free meal for "just the right occasion." Laura knew this and she is the same way...waits to use stuff until it's just the right time. I felt today was the day to get lunch and be reminded that I have my people and that I'm ok and loved.

Got my hot dog and let Laura know that I appreciated her via text and a picture. Ate my hot dog while writing a thank you note to the Braus. As I was leaving, a man complimented me on my San Francisco sweatshirt. He asked if I was bummed about last night's game. Of course, I had to tell him I had no idea what he was talking about...that I don't follow sports. We talked about San Francisco, though, and the Warriors, who lost last night. I probably would have known that if Kamiko were still living here. He's a Warriors fan. Anyway, we talked more and I asked if he was affiliated with JDawgs. He said he was the owner.

Beef with moderate amount of sauce, relish, onions, and mustard

I told him how much I loved his place. I told him about my crappy morning and how I used my certificate on the day when I needed it most. I told him about my 50th birthday party at JDawgs and how I treated my friends and family to hot dogs. His assistant and her daughter were there, too. We had a very nice visit. Jayson said he needed to hear my story today. He was nice enough to gift me a t-shirt and take a picture with me. He's also gonna try to guest lecture in my class. Wow, what a great ending to my day. God is good.

Can't wait to wear this shirt to Disneyland. Me and my new friend Jayson.

No comments:

Post a Comment