Friday, January 4, 2019

One LAST Trip to Disneyland

Jenny and I HAD to use our passes ONE. LAST. TIME. before our annual passes expired. Even though life was a bit crazy with the upcoming move and Mel coming home, I was able to get away for Disney. We flew to LAX and rented a small car. We got to stay at my friend Jenny's place, but we got OUR OWN place. She manages apartments for her dad and one was vacant. She set it up for us with a blow up mattress, sheets, towels, etc. We had a great time. We even got to spend some time with Jenny and her husband, Andrew. Jenny was a TA many years ago and is great. In fact, she just texted and asked me if the girls and I are coming in January. We actually are and her 2 bedroom apartment is still vacant, so we have a place to stay again. YAY! I'll probably skip the park and just hang out with Jenny and go visit Derek and Rachel. I want to be with people. I'll drive the girls to and from the park so they don't have to spend money on parking.

Anyway, enjoy our pictures. Jen and I had a great time just walking slowly, taking lots of pictures, and asking photographers to take our pictures. Derek met up with us and we had a great time. The three of us hung out for a few hours. Derek was surprised to hear that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was a new ride when we were teenagers. It was fun for me to learn what his favorite ride was as a teenager - Star Tours. It's been such a fun year of Disney with Jen and everyone else who went with me. I think I went to the park 24 different days. That's what it appears from the pictures on my phone with 24 different outfits.

If you look closely, Jen and I are wearing matching Mickey pins. There's a great story behind those pins. At church on Sunday, Jen and I decided to do something Monday at the park to Light the World. We were looking at ornaments in California Adventure and a nice young couple started looking at ornaments. They were talking about getting an ornament and wondering if you could get your name on it. We told them where they could get an ornament personalized. Then it came to me. I told Jen we should buy their ornament. We did and it was so fun. They were so grateful and it only cost us $30. We told them to get it personalized however they wanted. They put their names and hearts on it. They gave us hugs and thanked us profusely. It felt so good. Then after that, a cast member came up to us and said "can you two girls come follow me?" Of course we could. She took us to a nearby gift shop where she was looking at a wall of pins. She finally found the ones she was looking for and gave us these Mickey Christmas pins. She said she wanted to thank us for being kind to another guest. We had no idea that could happen. The pin actually matched the ornaments Jenny was looking at to buy for her kids. I'll treasure that pin.





Wearing the Mickey and Minnie Vans Kamiko gave me for my birthday



Found something we'd never noticed before...it houses the ATM in Frontier Land




I joke that I'm working on a coffee table book entitled "Disney Skyline"



Disney looks so great at Christmas time



I love this picture


Our flight got VERY delayed coming home. We got home around 1:30 am instead of 11:00. We both had things to do the next day. I had to work and she had meetings. That was one crazy trip. 


So much fun with our brother!





















No comments:

Post a Comment