Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving

Well, Thanksgiving 2015 is in the books. We had a great time. The kids helped me prepare on Wednesday morning. We got everything done before noon. We made 2 pumpkin pies, rolls, veggies for a veggie platter, and mashed potatoes. They were very helpful and I was very grateful. It gave me plenty of time to run errands, etc. and even make dinner for the family and friends who came over. Allie's boyfriend, Connor, came over and Mel's friend Kaleb came over, too. Allie has been dating Connor since she came home. They met last summer when they both worked at young living. He's really nice young man. He works full time, goes to SLCC full time and goes to the temple regularly. I don't know what he makes of our loud family. He's kinda quiet. I sure like him, though.
My baking wardrobe...comfy warm socks and robe

THE pies

Ready to get to work

Thursday was great. I went to a yoga class, then came home and got showered and ready for the day. Mom and dad came up here and we loaded their food into the van and drove up to Jen's together. Jenny hosted, as James and Haley are in town with baby Ellie. Deb and her gang came over for pie, so the location was good for them, too. Our kids drove in a separate car because Allie had to be back to work at Old Navy at 6:00 pm.

Anyway, we had a great time. We got to Jen's around noon and ate veggies and dip and candy and artichoke dip. We talked and got stuff ready. Mike Reason, a friend from college, joined us around 2:00. We ate around 3:30. Delicious food. My favorite was that the pumpkin pie turned out great. I have always wanted to make pie with homemade pureed pumpkin. I did it this year and it really is delicious. Really, really good. I also used the Marie Callender's recipe, as recommended by my friend Amy Christensen.
Mike Reason says as Jenny and I get older we look even MORE alike. I'll take that!

Jenny, me, and mom

Reason had just gotten home from a 38 day vacation in Poland, the Baltic States, Finland, etc. so he had travels to tell us about. Like I mentioned, Deb and Haley and family and Jon and family came over around 5:30 for pie. We had a great visit with everyone for a while before we headed home with mom and dad. A really nice day. Oh, and we used paper products, which made it that much better. We even served buffet style, out of the pots on the stove. Minimal dishes, for sure. Great day/evening for sure. Lots to be thankful for:

1. all my kids at home
2. Keenan has a job and is looking for a 2nd job to supplement
3. health
4. walking friends
5. newly discovered yoga
6. work and the friends there
7. eternal families
8. Jesus Christ and His restored gospel
9. Temples
10. the awesome world

No comments:

Post a Comment