Sunday, December 13, 2015

Allie Went to the Temple

A couple of months ago, Allie decided to go to the temple. When she went to meet with Bishop Mehr, he said he needed to check with the stake because he hadn't had a young adult come to him to receive their endowment without mission or wedding in the near future. She got the green light, went to temple preparation classes, and had her interviews. We got clothes - a skirt and sweater - and everything was ready. Yesterday was the day.

It was a great day. I had prayed for Allie for days that it would be a good experience. We had a nice time buying her clothes, talking about responsibilities after receiving your endowment, etc. Kamiko, mom, Dad, Keenan and Allie's boyfriend, Connor, were all there. While Allie was waiting in the instruction room for her "pep talk," Sister Roylance from the ward to come say hello. Brother and Sister Kinser were coincidently in the session. Sister Kinser was Allie's primary teacher when we moved here 15 years ago. I went through for Miss Keahi in our family records. I remember that when I went through the temple before my mission, my mom went through for my grandma Sears, who had died a year before. Allie looked beautiful. What a blessing to have 2 kids worthy to enter the temple. Mel will be there with us soon. Poor Kamiko had twisted his ankle 30 minutes before, but still made it to support his sister.

Allie said she really enjoyed it. She said it wasn't as weird as she was anticipating. The temple is a great place. It's nice to be there with one going for the first time and to try to see it through their eyes. It can be relaxing, instructional, peaceful, and empowering. I'm happy for my girl.
Grandpa, Grandma, Allie, me, Kamiko, and Keenan



Allie and Connor


No comments:

Post a Comment