Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Some Pictures from Work in 2012


Boy, just when I lose TA's and think they are the BEST EVER, we get new TA's that rise to the challenge. I love all of them for their personalities, contributions and friendships. Annie Christensen is from American Fork and is a fellow-Caveman. She is studying PE Education, so in that sense, she's my opposite. We sure have a great time in lab, though and have branched out to other adventures. Ali Chumbley took my class a while back. She wants to go to culinary school and own a bakery someday. She's from Southern California, so is a girl after my own heart. Mat Williams is our ginger (red-head). He just got married and is a proud Texan. GO TEXAS! Forrest Chambers is a great kid. Like Forrest Gump, he's from Alabama. I am going to visit him someday there. The pictures are lovely. Jessica Adams Lewis is from Kristen's ward in Livermore. She was good friends with all the East kids. She took my class and I was able to recommend her for hire. She is a nursing student, now married and pregnant. So cute. Sarah Matheson is one of our FACS majors. She had the class from me and recently TA'd for me. I was amazed at her ability to get the class' attention in spite of her quiet demeanor. The awesome Jenny Fosdick does our food buying and the equally amazing Starlyn Hjorth is over the lab facilities and our TA's.
Our Christmas Party! Back row: Jenny, Mat, Starlyn, Annie, Forrest and Ali
Front row: Jessica, me and Sarah
I was supposed to bring a gift that had to do with our fats and oils lab. Of course, I brought XXXL sweatpants that my girls found at Walmart. A bit over budget, but well worth the laughs!
A student of ours teaches 6:00 a.m. Cross Fit classes. Ali , Annie and I decided to give it a try. I warned them that my appearance would scare them. I did not disappoint. They laughed at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment