Saturday, January 5, 2013

Baby, It's COLD Outside!

We have started the new year with very cold weather. It was -2 this morning and many mornings. It only got to 9 degrees yesterday. Even Honu doesn't want to go outside. He's using the litter box. He does get a bit restless and decides to go outside some, but comes right back in. He doesn't like the cold weather, either.
Looking in the open sliding door. He can't decide if he's coming in or staying out. He came in!
New Year's was pretty fun. Mel's friends wanted to get together, but the usual girl couldn't host, so Melia had friends over here. She was hesitant because Keenan and I check in when kids are here and we also have the nerve to talk to her friends. Evidently we don't just talk, but "have conversations" with them. I guess that's not cool. Well, she had about 15 kids here with chips, pigs in a blanket, candy, soda and popcorn. They were really good. They watched a movie downstairs and just had a good time. Allie supervised so Keenan and I didn't have to go down. It was great. I got 4 aprons and a pair of mittens cut out, which I then sewed on New Year's Day and the day after.

On New Year's Day, we went to see the movie "Les Miserables." It's been all the talk this fall and everyone is posting about it on facebook. I couldn't have the girls going back to school the only ones who hadn't seen it. Just kidding. As it is, they are the only ones going back without iPhones. Poor girls. The movie was great. I had seen the play in California right after my mission. Evidently, I took dad's ticket. He had just learned he had lost a big lawsuit and wasn't up to going to the theater, so I went with mom. That little detail is news to me. I just found that out this week. I really liked the movie version because you could see the facial expressions on the actors. Good flick. I still vote for Daniel Day Lewis to win oscar for best actor in "Lincoln." He was AMAZING with all capital letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment