Monday, January 14, 2013

Still Cold...Preparing to Go Back to Work

It's still barely above 0 degrees. It's cold. I taught a lecture last week, but no labs. I had  a good time. For some reason, it was one of my best first-of-semester lectures. I go back to my regular Wed, Thurs, Fri schedule this week, so this is my "last hurrah." I spent last Friday watching episodes of a popular PBS show called "Downton Abbey." It's set in pre-WWI England. Fascinating to look at the social status rules and mores of that day.

Today I'm working on menu-planning, catching up on this blog and getting my powerpoint presentations ready for the semester. I'm removing a couple of video clips that I really don't like and replacing them with other methods of teaching the concepts, so I need to get that figured out. Should be a good change.

After the new year and before the Bryners headed back to Michigan, we all got together to celebrate Jude's first birthday. We went to Salt Lake to Ben's grandparents' home. It was a lot of fun.



The birthday boy!

Eve, Ben, Jude, Kelly and Portia Bryner



Emily and Allie goofing around at Jude's party

Sisters! Jen, Kelly and Dana (supermom)

Got a new class in Primary yesterday and that went well. Good, cute kiddos. I also got a co-teacher, which will be great. I haven't had a co-teacher in about a year. Yippee! I might get to take a breather and go to RS occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment