Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Marathon...CHECK!

I did it! I ran my marathon. I actually had planned to do it on June 16th. I went out on Saturday for a 20-mile run and it was perfect running weather...cloudy, cool, etc. I was feeling great after mile 14, so I decided to just go for it. There were too many reasons to finish it that I had to give it a try. I could start walking with Sandy and Sherie again. We solve the world's problems on our walks, after all. I wouldn't have to schedule and map out runs while on our upcoming vacation to Nauvoo, Illinois. I would be done buying shot blocks, sports beans, and other energy boosters for consumption during running. I could let the blister on my left foot heal, once and for all. So, I did it. Here is photographic proof! Oh, it took me a little over 5 1/2 hours. No official time, but I don't care. Something to think about..."Athletes run...others just play games."
Near the end. I swear, I was running, even though both feet are on the ground.

Dad, me, mom, Allie, Melia and Keenan (Kamiko was at work)

Maria Trump came to congratulate - I finished by Panda Express in Pleasant Grove

Me and dad. Thanks, mom and dad, for the balloons
After the marathon, my sister Kris brought me this sticker from California. I'm official now!
Yes, I am Superwoman and the 26.2 sticker should prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment