Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Thanksgiving 2023


Mel and I were invited to go to the Brau's for Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday. Since Michelle and I are the main cooks, I volunteered do make a lot of food. I made rolls, using Michelle's recipe, apple pie, lemon pie, cranberry sauce, and a green salad. I also took the pumpkin pie that I got from my realtor friend, Lissa Lott. 

I used my mad meal planning skills and made some food ahead of time, including making and freezing some rolls the Sunday before. I made the apple pie on Wednesday. Mel stayed at my place Wednesday night and helped me a bit Thursday. 

It's always a great time at the Brau's. Mel and I got to sit at the little kids' table with Jay and his girlfriend, Asa. They are in their 3rd, and final, year of law school. It was fascinating talking to them about law school and their interests and plans for when they graduate. 

Michelle's mom and brother were there. A sister and her two kids also came. I didn't realize it until later, but it was quite stressful for Michelle. It was a great time. They are the BEST. 


Mel wanted Thanksgiving leftovers, so we made a mini repeat of Thanksgiving dinner on Friday at my house. Mom and dad came over. I had made and frozen mashed potatoes. All I had to do was roast a turkey, make gravy, and heat up leftovers from Thursday. 

During the break, I also sewed. I made a short-sleeved blouse out of a really nice shirting that I bought in London at Joel and Sons. I was so proud of myself that I called Dawna, my colleague in clothing, to tell her how hard I was working to make it just right. I altered the pattern to make the collar and collar band narrower. I also added a band on the front instead of a facing because I knew that would look so much more polished. 

Making the shirt

Wearing the shirt I made

Overall, it was a great Thanksgiving weekend. It was hard to go back to work. We joked that the break was just a sick trick to tease us for the upcoming. Christmas break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment