Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Fake Swedes



The funniest thing happened today! I opened the box in my advent calendar and there was my mini Santa Lucia. It's our big day - Santa Lucia! Wear Swedish sweaters, listen to the funny Swedish song from "Arthur's Perfect Christmas," etc. 

I texted the kids and messaged my siblings. Mel and I wore our Swedish sweaters. Then one of my siblings told me that today is December 12. I had no idea how that happened. When I got home, I saw that I didn't open the package in the correct box of my advent calendar. I had skipped 12. Oh well, we got some great pictures of me and my girlie dressed for the occasion. 


Allie texted that we are fake Swedes. 

Earlier this week, Kamiko, Bekki, and Mel came over for our annual Christmas breakfast where we celebrate our Swedish heritage with a special food and new Christmas ornaments. I lit my advent candles. It was a great time. Mel had to get back to her ward, but Kamiko and Bekki came to my ward. I love going to church with my kiddos. 

In fact, I went to Kamiko and Bekki's ward a couple of weeks ago. I decided to visit them for church. It happened to be a week when Kamiko taught Elder's Quorum and Bekki was teaching Relief Society. She is an excellent teacher. I sat with their neighbor, Carolina, who is Guatemalan, but grew up in Sweden. WHAT? She was really nice. She and her family sat behind us in Sacrament Meeting and she said she thought it was so cute that the mother-in-law (me) was sitting next to the son-in-law (Kamiko). NOPE. Kamiko is my son. Bekki is not my daughter, even though she looks like she could be. Their ward had a linger longer with Thanksgiving food after church. We dished up plates and took them home to eat. LOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment