Tuesday, December 12, 2023

I love my students

I really am lucky to teach some pretty amazing students. 

My 215 students are just so much fun. As I get more comfortable with the content, I have more and more fun teaching the class. We finished cakes before Thanksgiving and I had to get a picture of what they worked on. I sent the photo to my friend, Courtney Rich, who has a large following on her account Cake by Courtney. We make a variation of her vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting. My students are enthusiastic learners and really are proud of their work, as they should be. 


Emily, Lucy, me, and Jana

BeReal time! It's social media of 2023

Last week, I finished teaching and went straight to the Provo Temple for a session. When I got to the parking lot, I saw 3 of my 215 students (Lucy, Emily, and Jana). "Are you going to the 4:00 session?" "YES." We sat together in the temple and it was really special for me. I've never had this happen. Afterward, we met outside and took a photo to document the occasion. 

I get to be an advisor for SFLSA, the School of Family Life Student Association. The board and presidency are made up of some fantastic students. Since last year, we've joked about gathering at my house and watching Hallmark Christmas movies together. Well, it happened on Friday night. 5 students were able to make it. I made a potato soup and a chicken enchilada soup and some artisan bread. We watched the cheesiest movie and I learned that it's really fun to watch movies with aspiring therapists. They talk about attachment styles and avoidant behavior. It's just as fun as trying a new restaurant with FCS professionals. I''m blessed with a good job. 

Ryan, me, Nick, Laura, Paige, and Sam

I'm also very tired. I've tried to write in my journal for a few weeks and just don't have the energy at night. this has been a semester full of hard work day after day. I'm ready for a break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment