Sunday, September 11, 2022

Wedding Week

Me, Elle, Karen, Kamiko, Allison, and Kristen

Me, Karen, Debbie, and Kristen with mom and dad at the reception

Couple's dance

I had to miss the luncheon due to work

Kris, mom, Karen, me, and Debbie outside of the Payson Temple. It was a hot day.



Chase Crockett married Bree on September 1. There were a lot of family in town. Lots of Hunters and Crocketts and it was a lot of fun. The bummer was that I had a lot of work that week. I didn't have much time to do things with family. I was able to go to the sealing in the Payson Temple before going to work. Then I taught my first lab for 215, Advanced cooking. After class, I went to the reception. Melia was out of town for the Labor Day weekend. Kamiko and Bekki came to the reception. Kristen came in town. She was Karen's right hand man. She helped all week and it was wonderful to have her in town. Starlyn and Lee came to the reception. Debbie and Mark came. Mom and dad were there. We FaceTimed Allie in. We danced and ate tacos and pizookies. At one time, Bekki asked me to get her a chocolate pizookie with as much hot fudge as was legally possible for the girl to put on it. 

I'll be honest...it was a bit sobering too. I think it was the first extended family (really extended with Crocketts and Hunters) since the divorce. It was strange to not be part of a couple. It was strange to be alone. It's something I'll get used to. 

Dad did a great job. He's slowing down with the recent health issues he's had this year. He is on oxygen. He taught about the covenants in the temple. I got to stick around for some photos, then had to get to work. I'm very grateful for my job. I got to change the signature on my email from Visiting Associate Teaching Professor to Associate Teaching Professor. I'm enrolled in 401K. It feels good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment