Sunday, March 20, 2022

Presented at a Conference in Saint George and Some Favorite Quotes


Natalie, Sandy, Nicole, and I all work with student teachers. We presented at the state conference for CTE (Career and Technical Educators) in Saint George. It was my first big trip that BYU paid for. Imagine my joy when I got to my hotel room and saw the greeting on the TV. It was most definitely time to relax. We had a great time and the presentation went well. I got to see many former students and long-time friends. I got to catch up with Jean Manuela, a dear, kind FCS teacher at Pleasant Grove Junior High. 

I also want to journal a few thoughts. I always share a thought with my classes and here are some things I want to keep so I can perhaps share with them when the impression hits. 

Elder Jeffrey R. Holland once said: "When life is hard, remember - we are not the first to ask, 'Is there no other way?'" We love EVE!

Jacques Pepin, French chef, said: "When the kids come home from school, they run to the kitchen. The smell of the kitchen, the noise of the kitchen, the voice of your parents, the cling of the instruments, the taste of the food - that stays with you the rest of your life. This is the most sacred, best place in the world."

This is especially important to me since someone in an academic conference this past week was a bit dismissive of the work of women - sewing, cooking, and crafts. We are MUCH, much more than sewing, cooking, and crafts. We are SACRED! Home is SACRED!

No comments:

Post a Comment