Sunday, July 14, 2019

I Had Some Pretty Cool Guest Speakers at Work

I met Jay, from J Dawgs, at work one day. I also know Courtney Rich, of Cake by Courtney. They both came to my class recently to talk about their businesses and their lives. It was great. The students seemed to enjoy the change of pace.

Jay's visit in winter was so fun. He was really engaging in my big lecture. He talked about dropping out of BYU to pursue his dream of a food stand. He talked about taking the bus to home depot to get supplies, how he met his wife, etc. When he saw how small the room is for Thursday's lecture, he suggested he bring lunch. That was a blast. He talked about his business and answered questions. Then he got out food and taught us how to score hot dogs and we broiled JDawgs right there in the lab. We had so much fun. I was on a high for a good solid week.

Jay and his daughter, Penny.


All the toppings


I'm a huge fan. It was fun to talk food.



My TA Courtney eats her first JDawg


Courtney has really really worked her business. She develops cake recipes like crazy. I've done recipe testing and development and I know it's a ton of work. She was so gracious to come. She talked about her life, her parents' divorce, running a business with kids, etc. Her daughter Avery was there and kept holding up the cutest signs as she drew them "yay mom." My job is great. I love it.

Me, Avery, and Courtney. We gifted them BYU Foods Lab aprons. I cut an adult sized one down for Avery


No comments:

Post a Comment