Sunday, September 24, 2017

Star is 50

My friend, my co-worker, my buddy Starlyn turned 50 in September. We had a great time celebrating. Keenan and I joined Starlyn and Lee at the State Fair for a Locash concert. Locash is a country duo. I don't usually like country music, but I like it when I'm with Starlyn. We got there early and saw animals and other exhibits. Then we went to the concert. It was way fun. They were great performers. They got the crowd going. One of them went out in the crowd and interacted with everyone. Then he brought a cute security guard on stage. The guy was a middle-aged black guy and was really, really working the audience. He was in heaven. They gave him a guitar to "play" and danced with him. Everyone went crazy. We really had fun. That was a Wednesday night. On Friday, I brought an amazing cake for us all to enjoy at work. Marci, who retired, came and so did Lee, Starlyn's husband. Everyone loves working with Starlyn. She's so fun. She loves the Seahawks and BYU football. She loves hunting and the outdoors. She loves rodeo and horses. She's kinda my opposite, but we have so much in common, too. I am one lucky girl!!!!!!

Annalece, Katrina, Allie, me, Star, Alyssa, and Marci. Have I mentioned how much I love working with my Allie?

Keenan, me, Star, and Lee at the fair. I had to buy her that tshirt. You only turn 50 once.

The cake: peanut butter cake, chocolate cake, oreo crumbs, chocolate chip cookie dough, peanut butter frosting. Star loves chocolate and peanut butter. 

The birthday lunch bunch: Katrina, Alyssa, Dia, Annalece with Mason, Brooklyn, Ashely, Allie, me, Star, and Marci

No comments:

Post a Comment