Sunday, September 24, 2017

Eclipse and the Son

On August 21, there was a solar eclipse that people made a big deal of. Viewing of the eclipse was easy for a wide swath of the US. There was totality in Idaho, meaning the sun was totally blocked for a while. People drove to Idaho just to see the total eclipse. We had about 95% of an eclipse. It was pretty cool. I had my glasses and went outside to see it every 15 minutes or so, but it was also on a Monday and I was chatting online with my missionary and that's more important to me than an eclipse. The next total eclipse that comes our direction will be on Kamiko's 52nd birthday. That'll be fun.

Today in testimony meeting, Brother Tracy shared a couple of analogies about the eclipse that I thought were great.

1. People travelled for miles to see the eclipse, to see the sun and what would happen to it. People planned for it and looked for it. We all had our glasses. Do we go out of our way and plan to see the Son? Do we take time to learn from and about our Savior?

2. The moon is small, yet it can block the sun. The reason the moon can block the sun is because the moon is close to the earth. Are there things that are close to me, insignificant things, that block my view of the Son?

Good, huh? I like those thoughts.




No comments:

Post a Comment