Sunday, September 24, 2017

DIY Women's Conference

Friday night, Allie and Kobi went to the AF/Lone Peak football game, then Allie spent the night and all day Saturday here. We had a great time on Saturday. We went to Hobby Lobby and JoAnn Fabrics to get fabric. Well, we got a bit more than fabric. I got Halloween decorations, a couple of Christmas decorations, and our 2017 Santa Lucia Christmas tree ornaments. Allie also got some Halloween and Christmas decorations. We also got supplies to do a little crafting.

We had a good time looking at all the "Joy to the World" Christmas stuff. About a year ago, before Mel was even thinking about a mission, she asked me if you could get a hymn put on your mission plaque instead of a scripture. Funny question. I told her I didn't know. Then I asked "what hymn would you choose?" Her quick answer: "Joy to the World." She didn't have to think or anything. It's her favorite hymn. When we got her plaque done, it was so great that they let her put her hymn. It simply reads "Joy to the World" Hymn #201. My cute little girl.



Allie and I went to Taco Amigo for dinner last night. Little Amigo Cheeseburger Meals x 2. Her's is always without pickles.

Then we came home and watched the Women's Conference online while making pom poms for Halloween decorations. We had a nice time. I really liked Sister Eubank's talk. I took away from it that we can't compare ourselves to others. That we we need to know who we are and get to know the Savior.

Here's the garland we made from some pom poms. We made Allie one for her apartment, too.


Allie so fun to hang around.

We are coming up on my favorite time of year for decorations...Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. It's the BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment