Sunday, June 11, 2017

Primary Fun

I'm not in young women's anymore. I'm kinda jealous today as I see pictures of camp. They went river rafting in Moab. Wow. It looks like they had a great time. I am having my own kind of fun in primary, though, and it's good.

On Saturday we had a Flag Day parade. We all met at Sister Perry's house. She's our new primary president. The kids brought bikes, wagons, and scooters. Some were decorated. I rode my bike, which I think surprised some kids. Yes, grown ups have bikes. Brother Burnett played band/patriotic music through a portable speaker he wheeled in a stroller. Our ward boundaries are so small and safe that we just rode through the streets as ward members waved at us. Brother Chang was on his porch banging pots and pans to make noise for us. It was so cute. We ended at the park and had red, white, and blue popsicles. What a fun morning.

Look at all the red, white, and blue! How cute is this?!

See me on my bike? I'm in the back, on the right.





I'm learning that one of cute 5 year olds that I teach is quite literal in her thinking. A couple of months ago, she talked about the bad guys who cut off their nails and put them in Jesus' hands to kill him. She was thinking fingernails. How cute is that? Well, this week, she asked her mom where Satan lives. Her mom explained that Satan doesn't have a body. She knowingly responded "He only has a head." I better be very careful and explain things very clearly. Isn't that just great.

I love that the primary kids give me hugs and say hello. Today I dropped by the Davis home to return a floral decoration to a dress I had fixed. The pin part had broken. I have pins and a glue gun at our house. They are getting ready to move, so I doubt anything is very easy to find. I offered to fix it for Ivie. She was hesitant at first, worried her mom would wonder where the flower was, but I assured her I'd return it and her sister said it was ok. When I returned it after church, her younger sister, Hazel, who is in my class, asked if I could stay a while with them. I did. We just sat under the tree in their yard and I listened to all 4 kids talk at once. Cute kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment