Thursday, June 1, 2017

Memorial Day Holden Cemetery Tour 2017

Went to Holden again on Memorial Day.

Since dad was born and raised in Holden, he knows everyone in the cemetery. We got reacquainted with everyone and mom even pointed out a grave marker that I'd never seen before. How did I miss this one in the last 8 years?!


We also took a picture of John Edward's grave with flowers for Jen. He seems to be her guardian angel. Jen senses him near a lot. Kinda special.


And, of course, no trip to Millard County would be complete without a stop at the Flying J and Petting Zoo where you can get a drink, use the bathroom, and see a camel. Dad says Lyle Wasden's cousin owns it and it's "a gold mine." We always get a kick out of it.


It was nice to visit with mom and dad in the car. We basically drove there, paid respects, drove past dad's boyhood home (they've removed the giant pine tree in the front yard), and came home. Keenan came this time and it was a nice way to spend the day. Although...I don't quite understand why people in Utah think Memorial Day is about putting flowers on graves. It's a nice gesture and all, but Memorial Day is about fallen soldiers.

Side note: I had started the day with a great walk with Sherie, my normal walking buddy, and Kim, my High Fitness buddy. Kim works full-time, but had the day off. It was fun to catch up. We never really get to talk at High Fitness since the music is so loud and we're so winded. She filled me in on her son's wedding and I filled her in on Melia's MTC day.

No comments:

Post a Comment