Sunday, June 4, 2017

He asked for one hour

In my class, before we eat, the students take turns sharing a thought and giving the prayer. I love to hear their insights. Recently one really stuck with me and I've shared it with my kids and friends. I wanted to write it down so I don't forget it.

In Matthew 26:40 "and he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?"

This is when Christ was suffering in the garden at the end of His life. I know I've read this and thought, "Wow, they couldn't stay awake for an hour? For Christ? When He was suffering for us?" The questions and accusations can go on and on.

But...liken it to myself. Can I give Him an hour each week in Sacrament Meeting? Can I put away distractions and just learn the gospel and be filled?

I'm going to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment