Friday, January 9, 2015

Strong Men/Women

"Strong men give up what they want now for what they want most."

I'm still thinking about this quote many times a day since I heard it earlier this week. And, of all the weird places to hear it - youth leader training videos. Yep, I was diligently watching the church's videos on teaching methods for the youth curriculum. In one of the 3-minute clips, a young woman mentions that quote, saying she heard it somewhere. The applications are endless:

Food choices
Sleep vs. scripture study/prayer at night
Temple attendance
Addiction
Moral cleanliness
Health and wellness
Relationships
Attitude

I love it. It may become my motto for the year.

Another quote I have been thinking about is:

"If I look back it's just to see how far I've come."
- nieniedialogues on instagram (nieniedialogues.blogspot.com)

That goes with a goal I have for 2015: to let yesterday go. Don't hold onto anger, misunderstandings, frustrations from the past.

I also want to look people in the eye more when I talk to them. Really engage. Got that idea from nienie, too. See her blog post "Prayer and Answers" from December 4, 2014

I have a desire to have more meaningful time during the sacrament. See the Ensign 2015 article entitled "An Hour to Watch with Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment