Friday, January 9, 2015

I Earned This!


#MommyErrands #WhatDoYouDoAllDay #SolveProblems #Packages #LotsofMoney #TimeToEat #GoodThingIDidn'tGoToOgden #Subway #DietDrPepper

It was quite the day! And, it's only 2:00 pm. At the time I was finishing my walk with Sherie this morning, I was planning on coming home and taking it easy, possibly going to the temple. I had originally planned to go to Ogden and see Jen and go to the temple. I changed that plan when I got very little sleep last night between Keenan getting home from a BYU basketball game late and waking up at 4:40 am to make sure Allie didn't miss her flight back to Arkansas.

Well, got back from the walk and got an email that the apartment lease we had signed and faxed for Allie was outdated. So, I had to print out 14 pages again and sign them. I also checked Allie's room and found a few items I thought she might need, but had no to room to transport back to school. So, I packed up a box and put the signed contract in there.

Following me so far?

I also got a package finished to send to Kamiko. My justification...gas prices are so low that I can afford to send him some Valentine's candy. Gas is only $1.79/gallon instead of the usual $4.00-ish/gallon.

On the way to the post office, I decided to stop and get a little cash and buy some candy to include in Allie's package. Just a bit. As I was leaving the grocery store and closing up Allie's box, she called from LAX, where she had a layover. She said she needed the signed paperwork faxed today because their rates are going up again. Luckily the UPS store is right there. So, I got the stuff faxed and confirmed their receipt of the paperwork. $16 to fax 15 pages. Yikes! Meanwhile, Keenan said he also saw the email and had signed, scanned and emailed the papers to Allie. Well, I knew that probably wouldn't work since he's NOT listed as the guarantor. I am.

Got word from Chet, the leasing guy, that if Allie signed everything tonight, she'd get a $100 bonus. So, I let her know that. She contacted her ride, Michelle Blankenship, who said she'll gladly drop her by The Grove today to sign all papers on her way home. Whew...All that is done!

Off to the post office. $18 to send Kamiko about $5 worth of candy and $16 to send Allie 2 sweaters and 3 pairs of shoes. Hey, it's cheaper than paying for a piece of checked luggage.

Also exchanged a pair of socks at Old Navy. Then, I bought myself lunch.

Oh, side note...I also emailed Mel's soccer club and UYSA (Utah Youth Soccer Association) this morning to inquire about our refund. Mel's team no longer exists and she's decided to not play anymore, rather than play for another team. Good news. I heard from both organizations and they are working on the refunds. Only after I emailed a copy of correspondence from the coach that the team has dissolved. I guess there's no full refund unless the team doesn't exist anymore.

All right. Now I'm done reporting on my day. I will go enjoy the rest of my drink and put my feet up. I'm supermom!

1 comment: