Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Introducing...Charlie Kay Hunter!


Beautiful Charlie in the hospital
Charlie was born on mine and Keenan's anniversary...October 12, 2013. He is the son of my baby brother, Derek, and his wife, Rachel. Derek and Rachel had known there was a high chance of him being born with Down Syndrome. Rachel had tests and indicated such. So, they were prepared. He's a cute little guy. Well, he's not so little. He was 9 lbs and 4 oz. Charlie was in the NICU for 10 days because his lungs were a bit underdeveloped. I guess it's not uncommon for babies with Down syndrome to stay in the hospital a bit longer. He was probably the biggest baby in the NICU. He got stronger each day and got to go home. Rosie was ready for him to come home. They asked her if she wanted her brother to come home and her reply was "yeah, he's born now." When she met him, she said "he's a cool guy." Now that he's home, her thing is to tell Derek and Rachel "Hey guys, he's waking up." Of course, he's not and they need to remind her to leave him alone. I fly out on December 8th to visit them. I stay until the 12th. I got a round trip plane ticket for $85.50, flying out of Provo to Los Angeles on Allegiant Air. I can't wait. Derek and I are gonna take Rosie to Disneyland. I will also cuddle that chubby little guy.
One month old...just waiting to meet Grandma Dana!

No comments:

Post a Comment